At the gates of the Black Forest...
The vicinity to the cities like Ettlingen, Karlsruhe, Baden-Baden offers you even a greater variety of cultural events.
Look for yourself
- Bad Herrenalbs thermal bath of the seven valleys with its great Wellness offerings like i.e. Flouten, bathing to tunes, different massages and diverse baths
- Outdoor pool with a beautiful forest meadow
- 9 hole golfing, tennis, Nordic Walking, hiking, horse riding, climbing, kyteflying, bike riding, bowling, Boccia, minigolfing
- in the winter: cross country skiing, downhill skiing, ice skating in nearby Waldbronn
Cultrual offerings and sightseeing
- Bad Herrenalb has to offer a lot of events during the season. Almost every day you can visit music and dance events. Alternating in the program you can find guided tours, Bridgeafternoons, chess tournaments, exhibitions, guided tours through town and the monastic church, on Monday movies
- Summer night-theatre (from end of June – to the beginning of of July)
- Traditional festivals - monastery celebration, main station celebration (August)
- Frauenalb approx.. 5 km away - monastery ruin( to reach with the tram)
- Marxzell – 7 km – Automuseum ( can be reached by tram )
- Ettlingen – 20 km – 1200 Jahre alte Stadt, wunderschöner Stadtkern, im Sommer „Schlossfestspiele“ ( mit der Straßenbahn zu erreichen )
- Ettlingen – 20km – 1200 year old city with a very beautiful city center, during summer castle festivals (can reached by tram)
- Karlsruhe 30 km – ehemalige Residenz mit Schloss, ZKM – Technisches Museum, Galerien, Badisches Staatstheater, Zoo ( mit der Straßenbahn zu erreichen )
- Karlsruhe 30km – former residenz with castle , ZKM – technical museum, galleries, Badisches Staatstheater, zoo (can be reached by tram)
- Neuenbürg 20 km – Eisenbergwerk ( iron mine) „Glückauf“, Schloss (castle) Neuenbürg
- Bad Wildbad 20 km – Palais Therme, Bike – Park = es ist der größte Bikepark Europas! (it is the biggest bike park in Europe!)
- Baden – Baden 25 km – Spielcasino (casino), Festspielhaus (theater), Thermalbäder (thermal baths), Galopp Rennbahn (horse race court)
- Rastatt 30 km – Schloss Favorite, Museen
- Maulbronn 50 km – Das Zisterzienserkloster ist Welt-Kulturerbe (Zisterziensercloister which is a world heritage )
- Stuttgart 75 km – Musical
- Straßburg 80 km – Europa Stadt mit Münster (Europe City together with Münster)
- Rust 100 km – „Europa Park“ Deutschlands größter Vergnügungspark (....Germanys biggest leisure park)
Especially beautiful is our „Black Forest – scenic route“ which starts in Baden-Baden and ends in Freudenstadt.
As you can see, we have to offer something for everyone whether young or old. We are happly serving you with even more information because you can experience a lot more.